PowerRouter Battery Manager
Battery expansion unit – for maximum self-use or backupPRE50B/24
kW amount: 5.0 kW, 3.7 kW, 3.0 kW
With this expansion unit, generated solar energy that cannot be used immediately, can be stored in connected batteries for use at a later time. The stored energy can also be used as a backup during power outages. The Battery Manager is compact and easy to install. Simply connect to the PowerRouter.
- available for 3.0 kW, 3.7 kW and 5.0 kW versions
- available for 48 Vdc Li-ion batteries* or 24 Vdc lead-acid batteries
- temperature sensor for optimum charging and protection
- integrated shunt for accurate battery status information and optimum charging conditions
- simple plug-in battery cable connection (plug & play)
With this expansion unit the use of self-generated energy can be increased to a maximum of 70%. The consumption in most households occurs in the evening, while most solar energy is generated during the day. The PowerRouter gets more out of self-generated solar energy by storing excess power in batteries for later use. The more self-generated energy you use yourself, the less dependent you are of the grid and rising energy prices.
backup power supply
An added advantage is that the PowerRouter with Battery Manager can provide backup power in the event of a grid failure. Unlike other inverters, the PowerRouter switches to “island mode” when the grid fails instead of switching off. This ensures that power is always available, even when others are in the dark.
* feature available from Q4 2012